1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Air Control Valve Hard to move on Jotul 600 Firelight

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by snowfreak, Nov 12, 2006.

1. SPED

SPED New Member

Tom I'm gonna call this morning I'll let you know what they say. I did take a look at it last night once it cooled down. It's only that one spot coming back from no air where it pushes and binds, seems like a slider handle that rides with the air control would be a better idea vs the lever, but I guess harder to keep air tight.

It really amazes me that something so simple can cause such problems. I have a lot of slop where that slider goes.

What kind of grease did you use and where can i pick some up?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. quinn

quinn New Member

Loc:
    Southeastern BC, Canada
    Hey Sped,

I bought the high temp grease at the local hardware store for 10 or 15 bucks. Apparently it is good up to 1500 degrees and I have to reapply it every couple months. It definitely helps and I would like to get the problem solved so I am waiting with baited breath to hear what you learn from your dealer.
  3. jbrown56

jbrown56 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    bedford nh
    Snow, See my post at "Jotul Damper Control"
  4. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    SPED, get to the dealer and insist on a new control arm. This is an easy fix with the new part.

PS: Do you have the stove hooked up to the new pipe or the old chimney? How is is working other than the sticky air control?
  5. mtneer

mtneer Member

Loc:
    huntington, wv
    I guess this is still a problem. My 2011 Firelight was installed two months ago. I've just done the break-in fires and my first real one over the weekend. Sometimes the damper moves at the slightest touch, other times it is stuck. Outrageous for a stove that costs this much. Calling the dealer today.