1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Air Control Vibrates on Mansfield

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by ckdeuce, Aug 26, 2010.

1. ckdeuce

ckdeuce Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Western, PA
    I have a Mansfield that I bought new last year. When I close the air control down to 1/4 open the air "flaps" that slide to close the intake start to vibrate. It get loud!! The air being sucked in makes the thin piece of metal bounce back and forth. I stopped this last year by folding a piece of aluminum foil into the shape of a gum wrapper and sticking it between the slide and the intake. It works, but sometimes falls out. Any thoughts on a more perm solution?

Thanks

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. stoveguy13

stoveguy13 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    CT
    try tightening the bolt that holds the air control lever in place the lever has a post on it that is what conects the lever to slide plate that would be the first place i would start
  3. burntime

burntime New Member

Loc:
    C'mon hunting season!
    Have it humm a different tune! :lol:
  4. fossil

fossil Accidental Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Bend, OR
    Smash little wadded up balls of aluminum foil into your ears? Dunno. %-P
  5. ckdeuce

ckdeuce Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Western, PA
    Wow.... Very helpfoil..... Get it?
  6. Todd

Todd Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Lake Wissota
    Something like that would drive me crazy. Is the stove still under warranty? Maybe the guys that sold you the stove should fix it?
  7. ckdeuce

ckdeuce Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Western, PA
    Yeah.... I'm sure it is. I was not very happy with the service from the dealer which is why I have lived with it.
  8. sauer

sauer New Member

Loc:
    SE WI
    sounds like the rail that the air intake plate runs on may be a little loose fitting. try to tighten things up a bit by taking a chisel and a hammer to the rail to pinch it just a scoash more. Just be carefull not to bend it up to much and have binding issues. Little at a time. this may be somewhat tricky to not go to far.
  9. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Let that dealer earn the money you paid for that expensive rock.

(Patiently waiting for replies from the stove dealers here that tell ya all about buying from a dealer to get all of that good service. :lol: )