Air? Englander 25-EP

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sc0872

Hearth Supporter
Feb 9, 2009
MO
I just got my new Englander 25-EP and so far this thing ROCKS!!! I was messing around this afternoon looking at it and I felt some cool air blowing out of the front bottom on each side on the angled part of the stove. I am wondering if this is normal.

sc0872 said:
Mike can you chime in on this.

You might want to PM him about it....he isn't on this forum all the time (they sell wood and gas stoves too)

Was the stove running or cold? I have the same model, so if I knew which it is I can check mine out for you. (While mine's running I can't feel any cold air.) My stove otherwise is working great too. Let me know.

While the stove is running. I wouldn't think this is right. There is still awesome heat coming out the top but don't know why this air would be coming out cool.

Sounds like you have an air leak between the OAK and the blower. I only feel cold air when the stove is off and/or the door is open. Maybe Englander's techs can pin it down to a specific fault.

i hear ya , if i can get out today (kinda snowed a foot last night) i intend to "play" in my lab today, i'll set up an EP and see if i can duplicate what you are seeing, if so i'll post tonight what i find out. (providing im not stuck by he white stuf)

edit; its possible you are feeling air from the cooling fans on the exhaust and room blowers sneaking out under the side panels as well. does the cool air on the right side but not the left increase when you turn up the blower speed?

The air changes when you raise or lower blower speed. The left side is hotter than the right.

sc0872 said:
The air changes when you raise or lower blower speed. The left side is hotter than the right.

yep, sounds like the blower's own external cooling fan, the air would normally not be "directed" in one direction normaly but with the bottoms of the side covers being open it wouldnt suprise me.

BTW it doesnt look like im getting out today got a foot and a half and still falling rapidly road has not been touched and i have a rather large valley to go through to get off my road. not going to risk it until at least tomorrow unless the roads get cleared. when i do get out though i will do as i said before and let you know what i find out

Status
Not open for further replies.