Air flow?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

corey21

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Oct 28, 2010
Soutwest VA
Just wondering about my stoves air flow? I fuond out today that the primary flows the same route as the secondary air then comes out at the front top then down the glass into the fire. My stove has a doghouse in the front bottum but i called tech support and the lady said it was for a outside air kit. This is strange too me??

One other thing i run the vacum up the secondary vent because the stove is not rynning like it uaed too. This is how i found out about the air flow. This stove has me really frustateing the performance has went down even with a load of dry kindlining. I cleaned the chimney at the end of last month.

corey21 said:
One other thing i run the vacum up the secondary vent because the stove is not rynning like it uaed too. This is how i found out about the air flow. This stove has me really frustateing the performance has went down even with a load of dry kindlining. I cleaned the chimney at the end of last month.

Been thinking today that maybe my problems are not the stove but because i had to buy a load of wood last month.

corey21 said:
corey21 said:

Been thinking today that maybe my problems are not the stove but because i had to buy a load of wood last month.
There ya go, do you have a MM?

oldspark said:
corey21 said:
corey21 said:

There ya go, do you have a MM?

No not yet.

I keep blameing the stove everytime i have a problem.

I agree it sounds strange that the doghouse air would be only for an outside air kit. My stove has the same air inlets as your stove. If the doghouse gets clogged coals build up too much, but otherwise the stove still works OK.

Wood Duck said:
I agree it sounds strange that the doghouse air would be only for an outside air kit. My stove has the same air inlets as your stove. If the doghouse gets clogged coals build up too much, but otherwise the stove still works OK.

The odd thing is i cant find the inlet for the dog house.

Edit. Underneath the doghouse it looks like someone went crazy with a welder.

Status
Not open for further replies.