1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Alaska files suit against OWB owners

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by mikefrommaine, Jan 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Downeast Farmer

Downeast Farmer New Member

I'm with you, tmudd, and it's that way here, too--my neighbors are the local government and thank goodness they're willing to do it--our First Selectman gets nothing but flack every day of the year for a measly six hundred bucks--and the desire to serve. But it's that way everywhere in our country, which is why our forebears fought for our system. I think all those people who are always railing against the government--especially those who work for it or were elected to lead it--are either lazy or disingenuous: if you don't like the government, get in there and fix it or elect people who will. Now, that's my two cents....

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. TheMightyMoe

TheMightyMoe Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Fairbanks, Alaska.
    We need to keep giving the government money so they can fix everything.

I'm here from the government, I'm here to help.
    mikefrommaine likes this.
  3. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    "I'm from the government and I am here to tell you to quit choking your neighbors. Since in a society of laws they can't come over and shove those green splits up your ass."
    bryan, goosegunner and Benwa907 like this.
  4. TheMightyMoe

TheMightyMoe Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Fairbanks, Alaska.
    Or the government could send in one of it's "experts" to diagnose if their actually is a problem with the boilers or if it is simply the fact that they are burning green splits.

But it is so much easier to sue someone for 10k a day, after all, the legal staff is already on hand to handle any possible problems.

Like I said, I am not against regulation, but how they do it. It isn't regulation if they simply ban it / force people to find alternatives at their own expense. But it is a lot easier to ban/fine it then to regulate it.

It's not about the fact I give them money, but what they do with it.

We voted the EPA away up here for a reason. So now the state has to do the kings bidding.

/shrug.
  5. pen

pen There are some who call me...mod. Staff Member

Loc:
    N.E. Penna
    I think a month and a 1/2 run on this topic is good for now.

Closing things down.

pen
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.