Alaska Hearth Feed Issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mcr205

Hearth Supporter
Dec 6, 2010
Central PA
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and am having issues with an Alaska Hearth Stoker. The stoker burns rice coal and has an automatic feed. That being said, I load up the hopper full of rice coal and notice nothing is being into the fire. There is a screw on the back of the unit which does move in and out and this is connected to a wheel on top of feed motor which also spins freely. I attempted to call Alaska today for any information regarding the stove (it was purchased by the previous homeowner and my girlfriend took it in the sale, but received no documentation) to see if they had manuals or anything of the sort online, but unfortunately, not for this particular model, I would either have to have it mailed to me or drive to Bloomsburg, PA, and pick one up.

So that being said I need help. It's getting mighty cold out and I'd like to rely less on the oil boiler. So that being said I think I've given all the information I have based on my own observations. The feed did work properly last season, but it believe a different size coal was added to the hopper at one point between getting loads of rice. It was buckwheat coal. I thought I had pulled all of the buckwheat out of the hopper when I refilled with rice the other night (it hadn't been run since that time last season as the winter was winding down anyway). I'm hoping no damage was done, but as I said, the adjustment screw slides in and out smoothly and the wheel on the feed motor does as well. So I'm hoping Murphy's law isn't in effect on that.

All your help is appreciated guys. I look forward to the responses.

-Mike

Welcome Mike. If you don't get an answer here, stop by the forum at www.nepacrossroads.com. That's where the coal burners hang out.

Status
Not open for further replies.