All most done

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fespo

Minister of Fire
Dec 14, 2005
South West burbs of Chicago
Im almost done cutting and have a few Saturdays left yet. The hardest part is bringing this wood home. 25 miles each way..
1422396_10202196369429013_3721930546745380286_n.jpg

10885292_10202196369629018_7900239896882803748_n.jpg

10891679_10202196369829023_555944958122028334_n.jpg

Last edited:
You processing wood on the train tracks? Regular houses on 1 side, Mcmansions on the other.

Stihly Dan, Dad has been there for over 35 years, the big house are in the old farm land were as a kid I would ride the snow machines, ice skate, hunt and all the good things. Now all the big house and stuffy noses. Dad has 3 acres, the green sided house (far left) empty lot where the wood is , and the house to the right That was my moms dream house, (god rest her soul) big kitchen, big garden and lot of room for her flowers

Dedicated man, but it must be nice to see dad all the time, piles look good to, how much can you fit at your place?

Jake and Elwood grew up at the St. Helen of the Blessed Shroud Orphanage in Calumet City....

Jake and Elwood grew up at the St. Helen of the Blessed Shroud Orphanage in Calumet City....

Yes, I know.

Every day in Calumet City people dance in the streets to Ray Charles. That's what I used to tell people when they would bring up the Blues Brothers when I told them I was from Calumet City.

All these years later, I am still amazed at how many people around the world know this movie. I was at CNN's HQ in Mumbai, India, four years ago and a 20 year old intern started talking to me about the Blues Brothers in perfect "Dan Aykroyd" English. I asked him how he knew the movie; he said that his dad bought it on VHS cassette tape back in the mid-1980s while studying in Chicago on a student visa, and uses that movie to teach English to all his kids. I mean, his screen saver was a picture of the entrance of the Joliet Correctional Facility!

In India, they burn all kinds of wet wood for fuel. Way too much smoke.....

The music group, "Hanson", had a song/video about five years ago (Thinking 'Bout Someone) that was, frame for frame, the scene from Ray's Music Exchange.

Love the Blues Brothers movie, my moms side of the family all lived close to the mall many many years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.