All Set for Winter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex

Aug 31, 2012
Northeast, CT
Got my stash all put away over the weekend, ready for some cold weather, so i can start burning!! DSC01547.JPGDSC01548.JPG

Bite your tongue, you ain't ready for winter just because you have a few bags of pellets.

Where is your snow and ice removal equipment, snowshoes, caned goods supply, emergency generator, and most important of all TP stockpile?

Reactions: Melissa220
Bite your tongue, you ain't ready for winter just because you have a few bags of pellets.

Where is your snow and ice removal equipment, snowshoes, caned goods supply, emergency generator, and most important of all TP stockpile?

Don't forget the beer, very important!

tom c.

Reactions: Alex
Ha thanks for reminding me, i do need some more TP. Ill need to get some can goods and some snow shoes (never had any). I still need to put the plow on the ATV, then ill be ready. DSC01551.JPGDSC01552.JPG

Sorry if im excited to start burning in my new stove, i guess not everyone likes winter. I for one have had enough of this hot and humid weather that we had this year, and im ready for a change.

Alex,

Hey if you are excited to get to winter just to be able to burn, that's fine, just don't remind some of us old codgers about winter. We don't like the slip and slide aspects of it. Besides, my chickens get mad because they haven't got any fresh vegetation to devour.

smoke show,

I'm somewhat civilized, if you want I can call some relatives closer to you and have them pay you a visit after having rolled an orchard or two, it could get deep in your front yard.

silverfox103,

I've never felt the need to tell someone to stock up on brews, and if Alex reads my signature he should be reminded that even bears enjoy a fermented beverage from time to time.
Hard Apple Cider preparation is fast approaching, I've got to bottle that India Pale Ale first and it isn't quite ready for that, likely tomorrow.

Sorry if im excited to start burning in my new stove, i guess not everyone likes winter. I for one have had enough of this hot and humid weather that we had this year, and im ready for a change.

No need to apologize! I couldn't wait to get to burning my stove when it was new! Everyone needs to look forward to something to keep things rollin.Glad your excited! I would be too, But as an old codger. I'll let you have all the fun! ;)

Reactions: tinkabranc
No need to apologize! I couldn't wait to get to burning my stove when it was new! Everyone needs to look forward to something to keep things rollin.Glad your excited! I would be too, But as an old codger. I'll let you have all the fun! ;)

You're a damned spring cluck cluck, you can't fool us older critters. Alex don't let him kid you he is barely dry behind the ears.

You're a damned spring cluck cluck, you can't fool us older critters. Alex don't let him kid you he is barely dry behind the ears.

I thought over 50 was old? Huh!

Wife and I were chatting(rare occurrence) and wondered to apples. I got something to look forward too. Apple pie, apple cider, apple fritters and apple cobbler! Mmm Mmm! Come on fall! ==c

I thought over 50 was old? Huh!

Wife and I were chatting(rare occurrence) and wondered to apples. I got something to look forward too. Apple pie, apple cider, apple fritters and apple cobbler! Mmm Mmm! Come on fall! ==c

Hate to tell you this but most orchards that allow pick your own are now open and have been for sometime the season started early. Plan accordingly.

Hate to tell you this but most orchards that allow pick your own are now open and have been for sometime the season started early. Plan accordingly.

It would be well into fall before she gets to bakin. She's draggin her heels and still thinks its summer! ;em

Early apples=early fall no? :p

It would be well into fall before she gets to bakin. She's draggin her heels and still thinks its summer! ;em

Early apples=early fall no? :p

Can't say that but I get apples when they can be had for a reasonable price. We will likely be making our first trip this weekend.

Liking winter is all relative to age and how much you gotta do! :p I for one am NOT looking forward to shoveling, roof raking and snowblowing! Trying out the new pellet stove, however, is another matter entirely!

Reactions: The Ds
Status
Not open for further replies.