All this talk...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

bfitz3

Feeling the Heat
Jan 6, 2015
Northern Michigan
...about wood species, 2-3 feet of snow just to the west, loading orientation in the stove, freaking cold November temps, hours of labor cutting/splitting/stacking/moving wood, snow...I think I mentioned snow, how to measure moisture, etc etc.

All that matters right now... I have a great little fire going with dry wood and a snoring dog all but touching the stove in a house that’s delightfully at 72 degrees.

The time for talk is over. I’m ready for winter.

...about wood species, 2-3 feet of snow just to the west, loading orientation in the stove, freaking cold November temps, hours of labor cutting/splitting/stacking/moving wood, snow...I think I mentioned snow, how to measure moisture, etc etc.

All that matters right now... I have a great little fire going with dry wood and a snoring dog all but touching the stove in a house that’s delightfully at 72 degrees.

Unfortunately we are 39 days short of winter ;)

Reactions: bfitz3
A few snow showers here this evening. Mowed grass yesterday. Supposed to get down to 20 tonite. Next mowing April 2020.

Attachments

• All this talk...
    1112192023.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 187
My dogs snoring in front of the stove too, they love the wood stoves as much as we do.

Reactions: D8Chumley
Meteorological Winter begins in 11 days.

Wouldn't it be nice if Winter weather turned on like the flick of a switch on a specific date and not a minute sooner. Same for everyone everywhere.

Reactions: bfitz3

I was thinking my wood consumption was going to be down this winter. I started burning basically the 1st of Nov. and have onyl gone maybe 2 days without 2 fires/day. That being said I'm hoping that even in the coldest of temps I can get away with 2 fires/day when I was doing 3 and 4 on weekends. I'm with you, I'm ready for old man winter even got my winter weight gain started to keep me warm. Our house has been cruising around 70-75 downstairs with the warmer 30* days.
All this talk...All this talk...