1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)


Post in 'The Inglenook' started by lmei007, Jan 19, 2013.

  1. lmei007

    lmei007 Member

    Nov 12, 2007
    Boston MA
    I am a new pollen allergy patient. Doctor told me the grass, birch tree and many other plants' pollen are the causes. Recently I found I have some symptoms during the morning hour at home. The first thing when I get up is to fire my wood stove. I am thinking the fire wood may be polluted with pollen and cause my allergy. We also have few indoor plants in our living room. They may be no good as well.

    Is there anybody has or heard similar thing? I am still try to confirm where is the source causes my allergy. thanks,

    Helpful Sponsor Ads!

  2. FanMan

    FanMan Feeling the Heat

    Mar 4, 2012
    CT stix & upstate NY
    My kids' allergy doctor explained that allergy sufferers typically are allergic to numerous things. The thing is, it builds up to a threshold level above which you get symptoms. You could be exposed to many things you're allergic to, but as long as it's below the threshold you have no symptoms... then add one little thing, you're over the threshold, and you have symptoms. The particulates in wood smoke may be putting you over the threshold.
    lmei007 likes this.

Share This Page