(Almost) a scrounge

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gark

Minister of Fire
Jan 27, 2007
SW Michigan
This is funny (to me). Friends with a few acres texted my wife and said "we have 2 dead trees, does Gark want to fell them and bring home the wood?". They are within two miles of here, so now I'm interested. What kind of trees are they -what species? "Not sure, I'll ask my husband". They reply "some kind of pine". Ok I think.. pine is alright, so I inquire how big they are. "Christmas trees, about 8 ft. tall, maybe 3 or 4 inch diameter at the base". After saying no thank you but I appreciate your thinking of me, it hit me then... I am a wood snob.

Reactions: Realstone
No Problem, with that as long as your ahead of the game. You can pick and choose what and where you want to get wood.

Sometimes its just not worth your time, at least you have people looking out for you.

Fire starters for a good bon fire, both trees would burn fast & hot for 5 to10 minutes.
Fun at night for the floating sparks.
Good to pass on them, not many BTUs for a wood stove.

That certainly would not be worth the time or effort even if on your own place.

Gark, I smiled as I read your opening post.

But we are not too lowly as to not burn pine in the first place, as is the discussion on this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.