Always Wanted a Vermont Castings

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a good deal on a great stove. I'd be on that in a hearth beat if it was close by.

;)

This will be year 4 with my Encore 2n1. I really like the stove. But I did destroy a cat the first year (probably with moist wood.. and a few over fires). Replaced for free by VC. Past 2 years the replacement cat has been more durable but it is now cracked in a few spots and few pieces have fallen out. I am burning well seasoned wood and no real major overfire events. I will probably have to replace the cat again after this season. It should be fully covered by VC again but who knows. The stove does burn well enough without the cat as well as I have tested that out. slight decrease in heat production but not 100% noticeable. Door gaskets need replacing often.

I burn close to 5 cord a year in Michigan in it. Seems to be holding up pretty well. Get 8 hour burns with Ash.. I've gotten close to 10 hour burns with a full oak load but I don't like to pack just oak in there...

I like the newer 2n1 stoves but still plenty of bad experiences posted about the newer stoves still over past few years as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.