Am I the only one.......

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
rather watch this than most television

Yes, those Europeans know there firewood processing well.

Just noticed you are from Wales. Do you cut your wood the same length as the vid for seasoning ?

Yes, those Europeans know there firewood processing well.

Just noticed you are from Wales. Do you cut your wood the same length as the vid for seasoning ?

I am just a domestic user and cut my firewood to fit my stove. To split wood in long lengths it needs to be straight grained without too many knots. Here is an interesting discussion about firewood cut in billets:

https://arbtalk.co.uk/forums/topic/49497-logs-or-billets/

Reactions: Lakeside
I am just a domestic user and cut my firewood to fit my stove. To split wood in long lengths it needs to be straight grained without too many knots. Here is an interesting discussion about firewood cut in billets:

https://arbtalk.co.uk/forums/topic/49497-logs-or-billets/

I’ve never cut wood this way, but I have had to cut my splits to fit my stove before and it’s a real pain. I can’t see this being much different. I can’t imagine cutting each 3,4 or 5 foot split into the proper size for yourself or a customer. Maybe there is a faster way to do it I’m not aware of?

firewood cut in billets

Found this pic with-in your link. I can see that the cross stacking has an advantage. Firewood ---- it's an obsession.
5976628f2794a_summer2011188.jpg.f6e20e406ea9b83067436abbb7c0c00f.jpg

I to watch all of this, wood splitting, tree felling, anything tractor related, snow removal and landscaper stuff.

Reactions: Lone_Gun
That guy doesn't mess around. I too, prefer to watch this kind of stuff on youtube vs almost anything currently on TV. Drives my wife nuts.

Can I put that on my JD 425 ? ;lol