Amazing article on stove design and thermodynamics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

turn_n_burn

Burning Hunk
Aug 14, 2015
Idaho
Hey all!

I found an article while looking around at different stove designs from Aprovecho in Oregon, they design DIY-style stoves that operate very efficiently that can be built from common and affordable materials. They do a lot of work in the developing world designing stoves that are easy and wickedly efficient, and Dr. Winiarski is brilliant in his understanding of this branch of physics. I learned a lot from this site, about a 58 page article with many different innovative designs and plenty of solid science and illustration. A great primer for the uninitiated. go to www.aprovecho.org and click the "designing improved wood-burning stove" PDF file. Invaluable. This article was what kindled (hee hee) my interest in the finer points of wood stove design and eventually led me to the Hearth forums to begin with. Enjoy! I'm not affiliated or soliciting anything, it's just a great read.

What is the url for the page that the "designing improved wood-burning stove" PDF file is located on?

Just skimmed through it. Not sure if I should really be impressed...
It is a good program nothing all that innovative but a huge step up from what is available to them now

A lot of the information in the publication is for third world and homesteaders. There is a decent amount of basic theory covered.

Status
Not open for further replies.