"Ambiance" pellets by Valfei, Are they decent?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

biohill

Nov 14, 2007
Central Ma
I can get these for $168 a ton which is pretty damn cheap. In fact their cheapness worries me a little. They are a premium grade pellet, but I don't want 2000 pounds of dirty nasty burning pellets. Anyone have any expeirence with these pellets?

I've never used them, but $168.00 a ton would certainly raise questions.

I'd buy a couple of bags first and see how they burn before buying a whole ton.

Found a reference to those pellets here:
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/10056/

GVA said they SUCK...or at least the used to :)
I always start with at least 3 bags before buying a ton of a given brand in a given year. The exception for me would be New England wood pellets which have not let me down yet. I see some difference from batch to batch, but i've never had a problem with them.

I'm burning them now in my Austroflamm and love them. Burn hot, little ash, no clinkers. I only need to shut the stove down every 2 weeks when burning these. I am running 24-7 about a ton every 6 weeks. I paid 255 delivered for the ones I have now, unfortunatly I could only get 1 ton this year. I bought 2 tons of Cubex and am regretting it.

I am in the upper Pioneeer Valley and would drive the truck to pick up another ton of these. Where did you find them?

Flammam said:
I'm burning them now in my Austroflamm and love them. Burn hot, little ash, no clinkers. I only need to shut the stove down every 2 weeks when burning these. I am running 24-7 about a ton every 6 weeks. I paid 255 delivered for the ones I have now, unfortunatly I could only get 1 ton this year. I bought 2 tons of Cubex and am regretting it.

I am in the upper Pioneeer Valley and would drive the truck to pick up another ton of these. Where did you find them?

Hmm... I know that pellets vAry from ton to ton hell sometimes bag to bag and defintely season to season. But the Cubex always seemed to burn decently in my former stove (lopi) last winter. Surprised to hear them getting tanked here. Last year the pellets seemed to be a very light color. They seemed to burn decent without much clinker drama and decent heat output. What problems are you seeing with Cubex in your stove this year?

Decent heat but lots of ash and clinkers

Status
Not open for further replies.