Amish Gravity Feed Pellet Stove? Buyer Beware

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you control rate of feed?

Gravity and the fire's burn rate.

Those stoves don't work like the beasts we have. They are really sensitive to the draft setting. If you open the draft up and forget you did it the unit will overheat and trouble can ensue.

They work just like a wood stove only that as the pile burns down more fuel drops onto the pile.

Thanks Smokey - was having a hard time visualizing how that functions. Went to the Wiseway site and they mentioned a barometric damper to slow down a hot burn... should be standard for the installation I would think.

I have more than a passing memory of banking and recharging a coal eater, in this case the fuel pile is piled high at the back of the firebox sloping down to the grates and as the fire burns up the coal and the front of the pile turns to ash it fall through the grates and allows the coal to catch and drop down to the grate from the pile. That keeps the fire going overnight and provides an easy means to recharge the heater in the morning. You have to allow time to do the banking and setting all of the draft controls before retiring or leaving.

We burned coal for a number of years, years ago. I reconditioned an old solid fuel gravity hot air furnace. No problems heating the place with that beast.

Short time lurker, first time poster. :)

[QUOTE]http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Forced-Air-I...828?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27efbe2e2c
THE FORCED-AIR DUCTOR MODEL II (TWO)
MULTI-FUEL FURNACE, either STAND-ALONE or DUCT CONNECT
CORN & WOOD PELLET MULTIFUEL FURNACE (STOVE)
MODEL II has 105 BTU/HR will heat up to 4,000 SQ FT
[/QUOTE]

They even used MS Paint to remove Breckwell's name from the door on this one.....but they left the Breckwell flame logo.
But why? They are a Breckwell dealer.

I'm tempted to ask the seller a question. Maybe two.

Attachments

• breckwelldealer.jpg
    breckwelldealer.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 202
I'm a noobie almost done installing a Breckwell SP22 PB Maverick w/pedestal base as my starter pellet stove in a new add-on room in the house.
He's selling the SP22 as the "Little Buddy" pellet stove with the Breckwell name removed from the control panel, but left on the pedestal in another picture.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LITTLE-BUDDY-WOOD-PELLET-STOVE-LOW-COST-EASY-to-OPERATE-/350279152890

Little Buddy sounds alot more user-friendly than Maverick.:confused:

A lot of pellet stoves are re-branded generic units imported from wherever.

Status
Not open for further replies.