Anchor plate

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

superking_

Apr 5, 2017
Maryland
Hello all,
The top of my masonry chimney is level with the ridge of my roof. I want to extend it with a section of class A pipe.
Is there a difference between these plates? I'll need to go from stainless flex liner to the Class A and I'm wondering how the flex connects to the bottom of these plates. This looks to be specifically for this purpose, but if something like this or this would work, I'd prefer to save the money.

Thanks

If it were me I'd use whatever fit but i think the only right way to do it is follow what the pipe manufacturer says.

Reactions: superking_
Hello all,
The top of my masonry chimney is level with the ridge of my roof. I want to extend it with a section of class A pipe.
Is there a difference between these plates? I'll need to go from stainless flex liner to the Class A and I'm wondering how the flex connects to the bottom of these plates. This looks to be specifically for this purpose, but if something like this or this would work, I'd prefer to save the money.

Thanks
The first one is a transition and anchor plate. The second and third are just anchor plates with no way to attach the liner. You need something like the first one. The second one isn't even stainless

Reactions: superking_
The first one is a transition and anchor plate. The second and third are just anchor plates with no way to attach the liner. You need something like the first one. The second one isn't even stainless
That's kinda what I thought, bholler. Do you know of other manufacturers that offer something comparable to the Rockford plate, or are they the only ones doing a transition plate? Or is there another way to do what I'm attempting?

Thanks

That's kinda what I thought, bholler. Do you know of other manufacturers that offer something comparable to the Rockford plate, or are they the only ones doing a transition plate? Or is there another way to do what I'm attempting?

Thanks
Most prefab chimney manufacturers will make one to match their chimney. That one is made by olympia

Did you use a liner in the chimney?
If so, how did you hook the liner to the transition plate?

I am trying to do the same thing you did and use class A on top of the stack. I used a liner.
Wonder if you could answer this - if the liner is 6" and the transition plate is 6" (or whatever measurement your pipe is) then how do you connect the liner?