Another Blaze King on the block

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

North of 60

Minister of Fire
Jul 27, 2007
Yukon Canada
Found this site last winter. Very impressed. I thought I would research the stove I already have. Only to find out this product was a mystery to most and a lot of mistrust with its specs. The product search results are hidden and you have to do alot of snooping down the mfg list to stumble across a few. I'm two winters in with my princess model only to realize how much wood,stack heat and fire starting time I wasted with my old stove of 5 years. My old napoleon 1400 looked good nice secondary burn but no punch compared to the new one. From once every two month atop aroof @-15 to-40c cleaning the chimney to once a year each fall weather it needs it or not. Mostly not. From six cord a year to four with no furnace coming on every morn or eve before I got home to load it. I have noticed with any EPA non cat they do a runaway mid way on a full load do to a non 100% air shut off. RE emissions. The north has
quite a wood-burning population. I would love to get one load of white or red oak as most people in their talks mention to see what this baby could really do. Spruce Pine & poplar is all we have here. Still 8 to 20 hour burn times pending on the T stat settings. Thought I would get my feet wet and say Hi. AND blaze king is popular in the north.

Welcome aboard. Man! You are way up North. I bet you have to burn 9 or 10 months per year? Nice to hear from a Blaze King owner. Like you said, not much info on here about these stoves. I've always wondered about those stoves specs, and what exactly they meant by "40 hr burn time". Probably down to the last coal? Recently a tech (Mike) from Blaze King showed up here on the forum, maybe he can tell us more about the specs?

Glad you like your new stove. And it's nice that you point out valid faults in your old one. Many times I feel the Ford/Chevy/Dodge thing going on here with stove brands. Blindly touting one as the best ever built simply because people like the brand or want the brand that they chose to buy to be percieved as the best for that makes them look like they've made a wise purchase.

8 months for sure on burning. Quick short fires in the morning dont work for this stove. Windows start to open when the sun comes out even on a low 8000 btu burn. +8 to +5c outside. The burn times I mention are when the cat is still active & a new fire is easily established. This is the smallest of the two cat stoves that Blaze King has. My home is 2140 sq ft 2 level 8inch walls R 48 in attic. The fresh air kit for this stove is a must in this climate. Thanks for the reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.