Another Craigslist Winner!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

richg

Minister of Fire
Nov 20, 2005
Yes race fans, for only $1500.00, you too can have this beat up old splitter. Features include, left out in the rain, free rust with your purchase, and faded paint. All of this and more can be had for the low, low price of only $1500.00. Tractor supply has the 28 ton huskee for $1699....decisions, decisions....beat up old splitter for $1500, or a new 28 ton huskee for $200.00 more. In it's day, this splitter was probably top of the line, but it's late 2011, not 1991. Enjoy.

Attachments

• craigslist doozy.jpg
    craigslist doozy.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 771
Looks suspiciously like my 20+ year old MTD except that it looks more like 120 years old. Someone did not take very good care of that splitter. I'd offer $100 for it.

Maybe this one was made in .... or when the USA was founded....at least throw a tarp over it or something.

That splitter is a bargain! Grab that, then come pick up this cheap...$2000 (yes two thousand dollars) Earthstove model 100:

3k13oc3pe5P55X55R5b917d2ab9be2f701bae.jpg

http://lawrence.craigslist.org/app/2577774669.html

But it's not just the stove...you get three doors! One glass, one steel with the ceramic disk (shown) and one mesh! You also get a couple of sections of pipe - one was cut in half to remove the stove...but hey, a little duct tape and good as new. You also get 38 bricks which used to make the hearth!

Gee, let's see, for $1500 I can get that piece of junk, or for 900.00, I can get this one. Can you gusy help me, I'm undecided ;-)

Attachments

• yard machines 31 ton.jpg
    yard machines 31 ton.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 557
WOW.That's right up there with those clowns who offer you some huge tree,hanging over their house & power lines but insist you have insurance & heavy equipment to get your "FREE" wood.Just because they're too ignorant & cheap to pay for a regular tree service.

One of my favorites is when you see people selling trees for $300.00 each. Live trees. Live as in, you go to their property, pay them $300, cut down their tree for them and take away 3/4 of a cord of unsplit rounds. I might have to do that...my bank account is getting too full and I need to make room. Yeah, right ;-)

I sent an email to the clown selling the rusted old splitter asking if the muffler bearings, flux capacitor, goesinta switch and smokeshifter were in good shape. He hasn't responded.

If I lived near that guy, I would buy a few blocks just to shake his hand....great ad! :)

More F-bombs than the movie Goodfellas.

MofoG23 said:
If I lived near that guy, I would buy a few blocks just to shake his hand....great ad! :)

I agree....craigslist has become a social lounge for idiots.

Does the f^cking cinder block guy really think people will want to deal with him? I'd pay the f^cking $.75 for new ones rather than deal with that f^cking guy.

Ash_403 said:

"What? Like a clown? Do I amuse you? What the f*&$ is so f*&%$# funny about me?! :mad: "

Thistle said:
Ash_403 said:

"What? Like a clown? Do I amuse you? What the f*&$ is so f*&%$# funny about me?! :mad: "

"Get the f*&$ outta here." :)

Still a good movie though.

richg said:
One of my favorites is when you see people selling trees for $300.00 each. Live trees. Live as in, you go to their property, pay them $300, cut down their tree for them and take away 3/4 of a cord of unsplit rounds. I might have to do that...my bank account is getting too full and I need to make room. Yeah, right ;-)

I sent an email to the clown selling the rusted old splitter asking if the muffler bearings, flux capacitor, goesinta switch and smokeshifter were in good shape. He hasn't responded.

Did you ask him about the Fetzer valve or the fusion coupling?

**********************************************NEWSFLASH*************************************************************

He dropped the price to $1250.00. I must resist the temptation to take advantage of this spectacular deal

wood-fan-atic said:
richg said:

Did you ask him about the Fetzer valve or the fusion coupling?

LMAO

Status
Not open for further replies.