1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Another FANTASTIC Ebay Deal: Quick, Look, Look Look!

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by richg, Mar 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Delta-T

Delta-T Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NH
    That may end up ruining the entertainment value all together. What people don't know....can't hurt them.....much. Never, ever let a stranger know that they have a booger hanging from their nose when at a party. Best to just chuckle and move on.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. EJW1

EJW1 Member

Loc:
    So. NH
  3. Ladderlieu

Ladderlieu New Member

Loc:
    North Central MA
    I'm going to assume that my latest offer was not accepted if they re-listed it... Sigh... Against my better judgement I might have to offer $1900...
  4. richg

richg Minister of Fire

5. Salty

Salty Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central Ma
    Wonder how much they want for the bricks :)
  6. rickwa

rickwa New Member

Loc:
    ohio
    "what is your reserve so those of us that are interested in this dont waste our time bidding if you are still trying to get 6k out of this $2500 unit."
    This is what i asked yesterday and received a threatening response back. Then I looked at the listing this morning and it had been revised saying that she dont have to tell us the reserve!
  7. Salty

Salty Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central Ma
    LOL I just emailed this

How much for the bricks? I really would like the bricks the stove is just too gaudy.
  8. Ladderlieu

Ladderlieu New Member

Loc:
    North Central MA
    Wonder if they'll be annoyed if I start the bidding at $1500 and then increase my bid by $1 increments???
  9. rickwa

rickwa New Member

Loc:
    ohio
    The response you get when asking a question is what makes you want to ask something else. If this person did not lash back it would be no fun!
  10. kzad

kzad Member

Loc:
    Killingly, CT
    Notice the most expensive previous sale listed in feedback is $60, the majority of the sales are sub-$10 range.
  11. richg

richg Minister of Fire

It's the same, old song but with a different meaning since you've been gone.....

She's back, this time with a starting bid of $6000.00 and a "Buy it now" of $6700.00. Isn't that higher than a previous "Buy it now"? So let me get this straight. For $6700.00 I get a used Accentra insert, some chimney liner and nine bags of pellets. Oh, and don't forget the "flame retardent" hearth rug. My guess is $3000, $3250 tops.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Harman-Accentra...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1c11516dc7
  12. lmjr

lmjr Member

Loc:
    Corners of PA-OH-WV
    C'mon...*Watches* will not win auction...*Bids* will only win auction!

This has been going on for ~3 weeks...has been listed ~5 different ways...and got a total of 1 bid for $1500.

You can't catch a fish, unless your hook is in the water. ;)
  13. richg

richg Minister of Fire

this oughta be good...I asked them if the smokeshifter on the stove was left or right-sided, as that was critical to my installation.
  14. Delta-T

Delta-T Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NH
    Bahhahahahah! Smokeshifter. We always send the new guys looking for buckets of steam and grease laying cable. I'll be smiling all day about that one.
  15. richg

richg Minister of Fire

I love this latest revision: "Bid For All These Items is $6,000.00 (Original Price was over $10,000.00 from the dealer so do not ask us about the price being lowered as it will not be lowered". Over $10,000 for a pellet stove? That's just nuttier than squirrel sh!t.
  16. smwilliamson

smwilliamson Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southcoast, MA
    I got bucketed and cabled as a newbie...perhaps this restaurant was Billy's?
  17. Delta-T

Delta-T Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NH
    It was "Herbert's Potato World" formerly of the Pheasant Lane Mall. Used to be part of the premier foods company along with hagen daaz, but now i think premier is down to Nathan's Hot Dogs and Brewsters Ice Cream. Maybe steam and cable are the unwritten default mystery items to go searching for, like the fountain of youth/golden fleece in the olden days.
  18. metpound

metpound New Member

Loc:
    Jonestown, PA
    If you want this stove delivered they will be charging you an additional $750 for 50 miles. I wonder if they have 2.
  19. richg

richg Minister of Fire

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120552729640#shId

Oh boy is this great! Wonder of wonders, no one bid on the stove and it's back up for sale. What I find fascinating is that she intends to charge 6% sales tax if a Pennsylvania resident buys the stove. OK, at $6000, you get taxed for $360, making the total $6360.00. No 30% Federal tax credit as this is a used stove.
  20. john193

john193 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southeast PA
    can she legally charge PA state tax...doesnt that money need to go directly to the state. I'm not even sure if that's legal.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.