1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Another fisherman here

Post in 'Fisher Stove Information, Parts, History and More' started by JohnAP, Jun 19, 2012.

1. JohnAP

JohnAP New Member

I've had a Papa for 3 years now but wasn't sure if it was a MB or PB until doing some reading here a couple of days ago. When I first bought it in FL I couldn't find much info but thanks to hearth.com and the fellow fishermen and especially coaly I am an informed owner. Working out of town right now and can't wait to get home and take some pics and measurements of them. I say them because we moved to MO last year with Papa and happened upon another fisher. It's a double door stove, not an insert, so it's either a grandma, grandpa or XL. Might be a few days but I'll upload some pics of each to the appropriate stickies to help further the ID of these things. Won't be able to roll them on their side/back but I'll see what I can see underneath for numbers. Inside doors not a problem.
    John

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. coaly

coaly Fisher Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    NE PA
    Hi John, The easy way to tell a Grandpa from a Grandma is the space between the trees at center of the doors.

Grandma comparison.jpg Grandpa comparison.jpg
    Most stoves from that far south (Florida) are from Fisher Stoves Southeast in Georgia. You may find initials welded on the bottom of that one along with the stove number.