Another safe wood splitting video

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL

"We don't need no stinkin tire"
"A long handle would just get in the way"

Those guys are out of their minds. How do they separate fingers from splits when they are done?

Wow! Keep you hands inside that ride!

That axe looks it came from the middle ages and was used for cutting heads not splits. That second guy looked like he was a hair away from losing a finger almost every split.

Ha ha! Amateurs. Nice straight grained wood cut to 10 inches long doesn't split very hard. I bet they measure wood in girlie cords too!

quads said:
I bet they measure wood in girlie cords too!
How many of those girlie cords are there in a manly cord? Probably near 5.

That woods looks bone dry. Don't need no stinkin axe... I think if you just slammed it on the ground it would shatter to pieces.

northwinds said:
Those guys are out of their minds. How do they separate fingers from splits when they are done?
They just get stacked 'til dry, then burned. OUCH!
I think the guy in the t-shirt used to be left handed. Looks like he's missing part of his right thumb.

northwinds said:

That's easy. Use your moisture meter. Anything above 30% is not wood. Ouch!

Status
Not open for further replies.