Another score - white oak?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

newburner

Burning Hunk
Aug 26, 2014
Massachusetts
I found this in somebody's yard. He said it was white oak. Any one agree?

uploadfromtaptalk1445290837307.jpg

Last edited:
white oak, nice score. don't waste it, let it season a few years.

Cool thanks guys. Yea I'm picking up wood that I plan on storing several years. This guy has lots more, the whole tree. I just got what I can handle on the way home from work. He said he will cut up the rest for me if I want.

Reactions: Woody harrelson
Cool thanks guys. Yea I'm picking up wood that I plan on storing several years. This guy has lots more, the whole tree. I just got what I can handle on the way home from work. He said he will cut up the rest for me if I want.
that's awesome! I love white oak, everything about it, definitely my favorite.

Very funny Dan. I may still be a greenhorn here but I ain't dumb! [emoji14] [emoji14] [emoji14]

White Oak, the King of Firewoods! All is right when ya got some White. :cool:
He said he will cut up the rest for me if I want.
I would cut it myself if I could; That way, I'm sure it's cut to the length I want, I can cut out crotches to a shorter length and make chunks that are easier to split, etc.

Reactions: Rebelduckman
Here is the 2nd load! I still have at least 2-3 more like this. I haven't even touched the trunk yet. It's 20' long, 30" dia, and straight as an arrow. He is going to buck it into 18" lengths for me.

Not too bad for a yearling burner?
uploadfromtaptalk1445546592835.jpg

Here is the 2nd load! I still have at least 2-3 more like this. I haven't even touched the trunk yet. It's 20' long, 30" dia, and straight as an arrow. He is going to buck it into 18" lengths for me.

Not too bad for a yearling burner?View attachment 164833
im drooling

Load #3. This is the last one before I get to the trunk.

uploadfromtaptalk1445637743656.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1445637752857.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1445637762068.jpg

go get it before it's gone!

I have to wait for him to be home. They need to be loaded with his backhoe. Hopefully this weekend.

I have lots of space to store those for three years.
Great load of oak. You'll appreciate that white oak seasoned three years.

Status
Not open for further replies.