Anti Vibe Glove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Does anyone use them when running a chainsaw, if so what are some of the better gloves out there?

Reactions: JimBear
I have a pair but I dont use them for running a chainsaw. I use them at work using a chipping hammer. Our chipping hammers have no anti vibe. They are brutal. Antivibe gloves take at least half the vibration away from the chipping hammer. It dont sound like much but when I chipped up tile and grout for 2 weeks, they sure made a difference. I dont remember what brand they are. I will look tomorrow at work? What saw do you use that you need them?

Reactions: thewoodlands
Does anyone use them when running a chainsaw, if so what are some of the better gloves out there?
I use mine all the time when I run my saws, well ok probably 95% of the time. I will look tomorrow for the brand. The are supposed to have some Kevlar on them also. I usually junk at least one pair a winter because I occasionally get lazy & don’t take them off when dragging brush & loading firewood. I figure a bit of extra anti-vibe can’t hurt while using the saw.

These are what I use

1DD30544-9CD7-40BB-A23A-C351A895886E.png

Thanks for all the quick replies, last night after starting this thread, I saw this article and decided to try number 2.

The gloves haven't shipped yet but hopefully they'll ship in the next two days.

The gloves were shipped and should be here Monday or Tuesday the latest.

Holy cow, I ordered 3 pair on the evening Aug. 20 after reading thru the article & they were here on the afternoon of Aug. 22. I thought I would try them out. 3 pair for $28.87.

I still have a couple pair of the RW’s from Menards but at the rate I lose gloves a few more pair won’t hurt.

If only the gloves I lose would sprout & start producing I would be in to win. As many as I sow, eventually one may take root & produce.

The gloves came in later today so hopefully I can run the chainsaw with them on tomorrow, XL is usually a bit tight when buying gloves, I ordered XXL and they fit nice.

I'm very interested in your real experience with these gloves and am looking forward to you reporting about use with a saw.
I'll see if mother nature will let me get out tomorrow with the saw and gloves. I'm not a glove guy when running saws but I'll give you a report on what I think.

I'm very interested in your real experience with these gloves and am looking forward to you reporting about use with a saw.
Since I was working with pine, I only had them on for about ten minutes, I did like them but this is the first time wearing an anti-vibe glove.

I switched to a less expensive glove I use when stacking because of the pine pitch.

I just finished using the weed-eater for three hours straight and I could have used a pair of anti-vib gloves for that task. My hands and arms were buzzing a lot. I still can't tell which gloves will work best or where to shop.

I just finished using the weed-eater for three hours straight and I could have used a pair of anti-vib gloves for that task. My hands and arms were buzzing a lot. I still can't tell which gloves will work best or where to shop.
I'm not sure any gloves would help with that, I do have to use ours so the gloves will go on and I'll report back by this Sunday night if not before.

I ran the chainsaw for three days straight cleaning up the woods around the house, the gloves helped out but my hand that was treated with Xiaflex for Dupuytren's Contracture had a little discoloration but the P.A. said that was normal with all the blood vessels in the hand and the Xiaflex is some pretty strong stuff.

I think without the gloves my affected hand would've been worse.

Reactions: JimBear
Today I finally used the Anti Vibe gloves with the Stihl FS 55 Brushcutter/Weedeater, the gloves made a huge difference.

I have used mine some cutting they work well but I prefer my Rugged Wear gloves to the VGO’s. My Rugged Wears just seem to have better grip but for the price the VGO’s are a good glove & work well.

I have used mine some cutting they work well but I prefer my Rugged Wear gloves to the VGO’s. My Rugged Wears just seem to have better grip but for the price the VGO’s are a good glove & work well.
Do you have a link for those gloves?

Today I finally used the Anti Vibe gloves with the Stihl FS 55 Brushcutter/Weedeater, the gloves made a huge difference.

Using the anti-vibe gloves with the weed eater makes a big difference for me. I don’t get the tingly hands after an hour or so of use. I like to use them when using the push mowers & my dads zero turn mower. I don’t notice much difference when running my lawn tractor since it’s got the steering wheel & my hands are moving a lot but with the zero turn & constantly grasping the handles they really help.