Anti Vibe Glove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
What is everyone wearing for gloves when stacking? I usually wear a yellow cotton glove with a blue cuff.

Just a good leather work glove
I will wear a pair out each firewood season.
After cutting,splitting,and stacking the seasons wood they live in the boiler building and get used to load the cart and boiler.
New season new gloves.

Reactions: thewoodlands
Check out Harbor Freight. I don't know what they stock now. But I got these yellow leather with padding. Actually for motorcycle riding, but would be nice for running the saw. Although don't use them for for working with wood, as any glove gets torn up moving wood.

Reactions: thewoodlands
Why couldn't a guy just glue a piece of foam to the chainsaw handle? It seems this would cut out vibration better than a glove could do. I've been experiencing a tingling right arm lately and might try the foam on the handle trick.

Why couldn't a guy just glue a piece of foam to the chainsaw handle? It seems this would cut out vibration better than a glove could do. I've been experiencing a tingling right arm lately and might try the foam on the handle trick.
Pipe insulation ...

I was thinking the rubber/foamy stuff (used instead of cork) you use in fishing pole handle building, but pipe foam would work, too.