Not open for further replies.
  1. bgoodwithwood

bgoodwithwood
    Member 2.
    NULL

Sep 26, 2008
    Loc:
    Shrewsbury, Mass
    Just wanted to see who uses them and what the recommendations are...got a little cts going on so I wanted to use something to take some of the vibration from the saw...

2. WES999

WES999
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jan 12, 2008
    Loc:
    Mass north of Boston
    Funny you should post this today. I just bought a pair of Stihl anti-vibration gloves this morning.
    Just got finished cutting, used them for a few hours. They work quite well, the padding is quite thick and
    feel a little funny at first, but after you start using them they were fine and don't really notice them.
    I did some cutting 2 weeks ago with regular gloves and the vibration made my hands sore.
    No problems using the gloves.
    http://www.stihlusa.com/products/protective-and-work-wear/gloves/antivibration/

3. Chuck Pearson

Chuck Pearson
    Member 2.
    NULL

Dec 9, 2005
    Loc:
    Adrian, MI
    I use the same gloves. I got mine from ebay. They have almost no insulation value so I don't use them in the winter.

4. bgoodwithwood

bgoodwithwood
    Member 2.
    NULL

Sep 26, 2008
    Loc:
    Shrewsbury, Mass
    Thank you both for the info. I saw a pair at my dealers location so I think I will grab a pair..

5. TreePointer

TreePointer
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Sep 22, 2010
    Loc:
    Western PA
    I also have the Stihl AV gloves, and hey work very well to dampen vibrations. I also use them with trimmers and blowers. As mentioned, they don't keep your hands warm in winter, and they don't have any top-of-hand cut protection.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.