1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Anti Vibration Gloves??

Post in 'The Gear' started by bgoodwithwood, Mar 29, 2014.

1. bgoodwithwood

bgoodwithwood Member

Loc:
    Shrewsbury, Mass
    Just wanted to see who uses them and what the recommendations are...got a little cts going on so I wanted to use something to take some of the vibration from the saw...

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. WES999

WES999 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Mass north of Boston
    Funny you should post this today. I just bought a pair of Stihl anti-vibration gloves this morning.
    Just got finished cutting, used them for a few hours. They work quite well, the padding is quite thick and
    feel a little funny at first, but after you start using them they were fine and don't really notice them.
    I did some cutting 2 weeks ago with regular gloves and the vibration made my hands sore.
    No problems using the gloves.
    http://www.stihlusa.com/products/protective-and-work-wear/gloves/antivibration/
  3. Chuck Pearson

Chuck Pearson Member

Loc:
    Adrian, MI
    I use the same gloves. I got mine from ebay. They have almost no insulation value so I don't use them in the winter.
  4. bgoodwithwood

bgoodwithwood Member

Loc:
    Shrewsbury, Mass
    Thank you both for the info. I saw a pair at my dealers location so I think I will grab a pair..
  5. TreePointer

TreePointer Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Western PA
    I also have the Stihl AV gloves, and hey work very well to dampen vibrations. I also use them with trimmers and blowers. As mentioned, they don't keep your hands warm in winter, and they don't have any top-of-hand cut protection.