Antique Quad Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rebeccas

Aug 20, 2010
Houston TX
I inherited an Antique Quad Stove. Don't know what to do with it. Very cute but not functional for us (no gas!) How do I found out how much it's worth to sell.

Tried to upload a jpg photo but it says file is too large? Never had trouble before!

Stove is #22 on bottom front, Columbus OH..can't seem to find one on ebay or bing. Excellent condition...cute with silver (nickel?) removable pieces on front and top...about 36" tall. Husband's grandmother bought at sale years ago (never used it).

On back says "The Quad Stove Mfg Co) Columbus Ohio

Still can't post a photo for some reason...says attachment must not exceed 700 kb

ok...didn't realize my camera had gotten off on it's resolution size! Here's the photos!

Attachments

• Quad Stove #22.jpg
    Quad Stove #22.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 2,268
  • Back of Quad Stove.jpg
    Back of Quad Stove.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 1,534
Like anything, the value is best determined by the buyer and seller. If it is truly in mint shape (no cracks, nothing missing at all) it is worth from a few hundred to a couple thousand depending upon how well you market it.,

Thanks! I think it is in excellent condition. Missing the flue (sp?) at the top is the only think I can see. I did find out from the Ohio historical society info about the company in Columbus...but not enough to find a date. Between 1906-1959 company was in business.

I always have to be the bad guy. It is either worth what someone will pay for a nice looking plant stand or its weight as scrap. Not for a heating appliance.

rebeccas said:
Thanks! I think it is in excellent condition. Missing the flue (sp?) at the top is the only think I can see. I did find out from the Ohio historical society info about the company in Columbus...but not enough to find a date. Between 1906-1959 company was in business.

I don't think most of us here are qualified to set a price on the stove. It would be better to contact some antique stove dealers for an appraisal.

www.goodtimestove.com is a great place to start..............ask Richard or Sarah his daughter, what THEY think it's worth. You'll get a fair and honest response, I'm sure. They deal in this type of thing every day. Was just there yesterday and bought one of his Antique Cooking Stoves that he was in the middle of restorations on.

-soupy1957

Nice link Soupy, thanks. I Have always wanted a nice cook stove. I'll be curious to hear a report on yours once you get to know it.
Joe

Something like that is worth what someone will pay. If it was me, I would list it on ebay with loads of photos, a low starting bid, start the auction in the fall when folks are in the mood and hope for the best. You find the right buyer, antiques can go for a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.