1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Any airshow fans on the hearth?

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by kabbott, Oct 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rowerwet

rowerwet Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Merrimack Valley, MA
    I was sad to hear that all the cessna "tweety birds" are being retired and will be chopped up and recycled, oh well you can still get an F-5 if you got the dough.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. henkster

henkster New Member

Loc:
    N-Utah
    Rowerwet,

I know that there are two SU-27UB Flankers are for sale these are double seat aircraft.

Thornton Aircraft Company has several professionally restored and maintained Northrop T-38 and F-5 aircraft for sale. Prices range from $900,000 to $2.7 million.

There are all kinds of airplanes for sale L-39,mig-15, T-33 and many more.
    The thing that people forget is that you need the right licences to operate them then the insurance,hangar space, maintenance/annual inspections, parts and equipment so if you lok at it it's not something that you just do.

I am pretty lucky with this crewchief job on the T-33.
    The airplane is easy to maintain and like any other 50 year old ......... you need to be nice to her.

Henk
  3. rowerwet

rowerwet Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Merrimack Valley, MA
    ya I know what is involved in owning any airplane, I am an A&P, I would love a job maintaining something unusual like the plane you do, I work on freighters and piston planes. But I can dream.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.