any deals on south shore,boston

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

corkman

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Dec 3, 2009
SE,Mass
i found barefoot at $250 and thats about it. oakies $270 and dragons $285.anyone want to share what they have found.i'll pass on those infernos at $180

Spring sales?

Excluding the Infernos, most retailers on the south shore are still selling pellets at $270.00+ a ton
which is more than I paid for them last year in the early spring.

Did end up finding Barefoot at $247.00, Okies & Dragons at $259.00 and NEWP at $245.00.

but the question is "where" are the oakies and dragons at that price.after paying $269 for green team at lowes this past season oakies and drags are a steal at that price.i'll be surprised if anyone beats that.lowes are up to $299 now

Cape Cod Stove Center.
Stores in Cataumet (aka Bourne) and Foxboro.

Not surprised Cape Cod Stove Center has a spring "sale" going on.

They are consistently the highest priced retailer in our area during the heating season. When others were selling good pellets at $275 they were looking for $325.

I'll bet they have some leftovers.

Guess they know their customer base and can get those prices. Gouge the customer while they can.

I don't care if they are $15-$20 cheaper that others. I won't buy from them. Even for Okies or Dragons.

I have mentioned this before on here. I guess they charge what we Cape Codders call the "Bridge" tax.

I'll stick with J&S Trucking in Berkely and haul them myself.

---Nailer---

i agree.i'm a j + s customer too and June has been great to deal with.thanks for the info tinkerbrac

Wow, You ALL are not that much farther north than CT. and I would expect to see a bit lower prices. We are getting some Hamers in CT for around $225, Cubex for $230. Barefoots and Okies for about $250. I just don't get the regional pricing? Some of the pellets I am seeing are passing by you on the way to CT. But there higher there????

South Shore wood pellets has Barefoots (my Harman P68 loves them!) for $247. It is worth it to me to pay for the delivery charges ($85) to the Cape. Good company in my opinion!

nailed_nailer said:
Not surprised Cape Cod Stove Center has a spring "sale" going on.

They are consistently the highest priced retailer in our area during the heating season. When others were selling good pellets at $275 they were looking for $325. I'll bet they have some leftovers.
Guess they know their customer base and can get those prices. Gouge the customer while they can.
I don't care if they are $15-$20 cheaper that others. I won't buy from them. Even for Okies or Dragons.
I have mentioned this before on here. I guess they charge what we Cape Codders call the "Bridge" tax.
I'll stick with J&S Trucking in Berkely and haul them myself.

---Nailer---

IMO there are no spring sales around here this year that are worth bragging about.

I have dealt with J&S before too but they do not offer delivery and their Okies/Dragons
have been much higher priced than everyone else in my area including CC all winter long.
They still are.

Status
Not open for further replies.