Any experience with: http://catcombustor.mybisi.com ??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pgwisn

Feb 15, 2010
Delaware
Hi,
I'm fairly new here and in the middle of a rebuild on an old '88 VC Defiant Encore 0028.
I do not want to invest too much in this old stove as I am looking at an update purchase.
I ordered a cat from these folks:
http://catcombustor.mybisi.com
Their site says expect delivery in 10 days.
It's now 12 days and no answer to an email asking them about expected delivery time.
I can see the charge on my charge card. Do others here know this as a reputable seller?
Their website is not very traceable, -using a proxy site.

I hope this works out for you. I never deal with websites whose url has something between the product and the .com

They say they're only 1" thick and they outperform the competition. That may or may not be true, but if it was in my stove I'd have to stab it with a screwdriver to get it out!

Jim

I bought a cat from them last year. It took about 4 weeks to get delivery.
The cat seemed very efficient at first - 400F delta - where I usually see about 200 - 250 across the Condar. But it had a few major issues:

1. It was dimensionally wrong - it was oversized and broke my refractory when I installed it.
2. It clogged very quickly. The element is kind of like a hand full of spaghetti noddles. It has a lot of surface area - but traps particulate. I had to clean it about every 6 weeks.

I took it out and replaced it with another Condar. Anyone want to buy it (cheap!).

I use Condor and there on top of things there , very good service......

Status
Not open for further replies.