1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Any experience with Kozi Stoves?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Dennis7, Aug 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dennis7

Dennis7 New Member

Loc:
    NY
    Looking at a Kozi Previa Pellet stove. Anyone have any experience with Kozi ? Please comment on quality of the products or experience with the company in general. Thanks

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    I don't have any personal experience, but from what i can see it's a pretty conventional design and should work ok. Good maintenance should be key to satisfaction with these units. I do like that they have oilable blower motors instead of the sealed units. As long as you burn good quality fuel and clean it on a regular basis, it should be a decent heater.
  3. chrisasst

chrisasst Minister of Fire

Loc:
    cortland ny
    I bought a kozi 120 I believe ( the shop heater), it is my first year with a pellet stove and frankly I have had nothing but troubles...hard to get a consistent burn, I have tried many brands of pellets and I can't find one that works well enough to heat my house..

I was instructed to clean my stove with fire view at the end of the winter and now I have rust...
    I personally don't recommend...
  4. java73

java73 New Member

Loc:
    Nova Scotia
    I had a Kozi Baywin insert installed in my fireplace 2 months ago and have test ran it a few times. I did a lot of research and was going to go with a Harman, but after talking to an installer decided to go with a Kozi. He works for a bigger stove company during the week installing mostly enviros i believe. He also has a small business on the side doing weekend installs, anyway he said after installing many Kozis over the last few years he has received zero service calls on the Kozis---not even false "operator error" mistakes. Take that at face value--he would have installed any stove i wanted... This Kozi stove is very attractive as well, cant wait to fire this baby up..
    They are made in Winnipeg Manitoba by the way---a place that knows about cold winters.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.