Any ideas for sliding snow or ice ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ATVriderINmass

Hearth Supporter
Dec 21, 2007
Chelmsford, Ma
Hey guys .....I have a metal corragated roof not to much of a pitch...i think its a 2/12 pitch.. the chimney is on the lower part of the roof...Im just wondering if i should put something up there so the snow and ice sliding down the roof doesnt hit the chimney and damage it..I've only had the chimney up there for half the winter last year and havent had any problems yet...just thinking about it now...any ideas what i can put up there ? thanks

It's called a "cricket". There will be, I'm sure, representative pics coming along shortly. Rick

EDIT: With your modest roof pitch, and (I'm assuming) just a woodstove chimney sticking up (how tall above the roof penetration?)...you may not even need a cricket. But if it brings you peace of mind, then it might be a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.