any info on jonsred chainsaws?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tuco1963

Dec 24, 2010
east central indiana
hi gang
my wife just approved the purchase of a new chainsaw.
im looking at the jonsred cs2255 56cc chainsaw to replace my mcculloch promac 610 60cc
which is on its last leg.
any ideas on this model i cant afford a comparable stihl and rural king is doing away with the husky line
thanks
charlie

+1

Jonsered is part of Husqvarna AB, and that saw is essentially the Husqvarna 455.

If you are going to buy a 2255/455 new, check your Husqvarna dealer to see if they have any 346XP saws in stock. They may not be much more than what you are considering.

Definitely take a closer look at the 346XP if you can find one. It's a pro level saw instead of homeowner grade and has a better power/weight ratio than the 455 or the 2255. You might spend a bit more initially but down the road I think you'll find that worthwhile.

Reactions: TreePointer
I have very little saw experience...had a Poulan years ago(never again!) and now the Jonsey 630 Super II which appears to be on a permanent loan to me :) My buddy that "gave" me this saw said he bought it from a dealer rather than a big box store because the inards are a higher quality...the saw is probably 10 years old and has cut a fair amount of wood...still going strong with minimal maintenance. I know if I were to get another saw I would NOT be going big box store...if that's what you had in mind. The 346XP is a real nice saw...10.5 lb and pulls a 20" chain fairly well.

Pretty much same saw as the Husky. I got the 2171 and it's awesome

Dolmar / Makita, pro saws, dealer service system is a bit weak vs Stilh/Husky. On the other hand with D/M no guess work on the quality of unit vs the 3 tier systems from Husky or Stilh ( homeowner, contractor, pro). You do need to go with a unit that you can access service / parts in your area.

Another vote to keep Dolmar in the possible saw list - I have a PS-510 that I've cut 90% of my wood with since 2008 (probably 50 cord). Zero issues and she's a little screamer for 50cc's. That said, dealers seem harder to find and the used parts market is much weaker. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.