Any information on this pellet stove? Paragon 5440Q by US Stove Company

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom2

Sep 21, 2010
Upstate, NY
Found one for only $450 - but trying to google some information about it to see how old it is, how good they were, etc.. Nothing is really turning up.

I'm told it was 42,000 BTU and has a 12V batter back up. It hasn't been used much in the past couple years, but I can see it run before buying.

Anything else to check out before buying it?

I appreciate the help!

Ok, got some information from US Stove Co. They said it was last made in 1993! A lot older than I had hoped..

Is it worth buying a stove that old? Maybe they were built better back then? Or not?

As USSC if they still service that stove with repair parts. Most motors, snap discs, etc. are common parts available from many sources but there may be some proprietary stuff that would be hard to repalce.

I'd like to see you pay $250.00 IF you get a positive answer from USSC.

Being so old, I've pretty well lost interest in it - unless I can get it even cheaper, and it looks really good, and works perfectly. Still waiting on a picture from the seller.

Status
Not open for further replies.