Any insert comparable to BK Princess Insert?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DodgyNomad

Minister of Fire
Dec 19, 2009
West Michigan
I'm considering burn times, efficiency, etc.. I have a much deeper fireplace opening than the Princess can use. I only wish the Princess took longer logs (20-24"would be nice).

Is there any other stove on the market that can perform at the level of this cat stove, and have 20 hour burn times, etc..? Thanks.

DodgyNomad

DodgyNomad said:
I'm considering burn times, efficiency, etc.. I have a much deeper fireplace opening than the Princess can use. I only wish the Princess took longer logs (20-24"would be nice).

Is there any other stove on the market that can perform at the level of this cat stove, and have 20 hour burn times, etc..? Thanks.

DodgyNomad

My PI has never gotten a 20 hour burn time. The advertised 20 hour burn time is from a lab with perfect wood and no ash in the fire box. The best burn times I have gotten are around 12 hours, this is about average according to Chris who work at the BK main Office. My real world burn times of heating my house are all that I can tell you. my 12 hour burn time is really good compared to other inserts on the market.

The Princess stove is a differnt animal and those guys get longer burn time than the PI gets, closer to 20 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.