Any Masonry Stove owners here?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mesuno

Oct 14, 2010
UK
www.woodstovewizard.com
Hi Folks,

I've been really keen on the idea of a masonry stove for a really long time and finally have the chance to possibly install one in our new home. We will be converting a disused chapel which is essentially a large, stone construction, box. Ideally I'd like to be able to heat the whole space with one central masonry stove - one hot fire each evening and then slow release of warmth from the brickwork for the next 12 hours or so.

I'd love to hear from people who have a setup like this; it is rather unconventional here in the UK so very hard to get first hand feedback on how well they work. Do they deliver the goods?

The images on this site

http://www.mha-net.org/html/gallery.htm

give some idea of what I'm looking for.

Mesuno

I wish I could be of more help, but I'm in a similar position--planning on having a masonry heater in the new home we are designing. I've been in contact with Alex on this site: http://www.stovemaster.com/html_en/home.html He was able to answer many of my questions. The heater we are going to build will have an integrated cook top, since I really like cooking on a wood stove. I'll be interested to see if anyone has direct experience here. The science behind the heaters seem sound, as they have evolved over the centuries. I haven't read anything negative about their performance, but cost and building design (e.g., large footprint and need for considerable support) seem to be the major drawbacks.

Marty s is the only member I know that has one. At least a regular poster. Haven't seen him aroud in quite a while, so maybe a PM. He's probably taken the summer off.

Status
Not open for further replies.