1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Any powered paraglider pilots here.

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by charly, Mar 24, 2013.

1. charly

charly Guest

My Green Eagle, built in Texas. 4 stroke Generac engine, 3000 hour engine life, 5 gallons of fuel on board allows you over 3 hours of flying with plenty of reserve.. Dependable, 4 years being built with zero engine outs...Charging system for heated suit, etc for cold weather flying,,, also has carb heat to avoid carb icing. In the middle of lessons with my instructor, come on spring! My instructor takes her for a test flight...Aircraft tubing and all AN aircraft bolts..

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Cool video. On the big screen it felt like I was flying. Thanks for sharing.

I believe bogydave flies one of these.
    charly likes this.
  3. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    Have fun Charly.
    charly likes this.
  4. stoveguy2esw

stoveguy2esw Minister of Fire

Loc:
    madison hgts. va
    only gliding ive done is unpowered under a T-10C:p
  5. Gary_602z

Gary_602z Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Lake Odessa,MI
    What do they use for a stall indicator or do they even have one? Got my private back in 1979 and never had a urge to go in a glider or powered paraglider!

Gary
  6. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    No stall on these Gary. Also remember that these are flown only during relatively calm weather. Need a sport license.
  7. charly

charly Guest

No sport pilot license needed, less then 254 lbs and no more then 5 gallons of gas plus one seater.. Part 103 of the FAR'S,,, Just need proper instruction.. Only way to stall this would be to hold the brake toggles way down until the wing stopped flying, then letting up on the brakes the wing would recover,, granted you need altitude as well.. Generally flown with less the 10mph ground winds... A very affordable way to fly, about a gallon an hour for fuel cost...
  8. Jack Straw

Jack Straw Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Schoharie County, N Y
    Come on over.....;)
  9. Gary_602z

Gary_602z Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Lake Odessa,MI
    Might have to look into these! What are the normal TO and Landing lengths needed? What kind of speeds cruising and landing? Naw, the Dragon Lady would kill me!:)

Gary
  10. charly

charly Guest

75-100 feet for take off,,,, couple of hundred feet to land..Cruise is about 26mph..You can get different wings to get a faster cruise, etc. I like for 12 dollars in fuel you can hang out in the air for 3 -r hours with reserve left... That's a long time in the sky which means you can actually cover some distance.. 80 mile round trip easily... I have a 1400 ft long field on my farm... my field of dreams:)
  11. charly

charly Guest

Jack are you a flyer as well?
  12. Jack Straw

Jack Straw Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Schoharie County, N Y
    No, just wanted to see you fly over the house:)
  13. charly

charly Guest

I'll let you know when I get her home..Right now my machine is 5 hours away in Jamestown, NY where I'm training... Here's what I did before the Quad set up... Very popular... 2 stroke back pack unit, foot launching... A great way to fly as well... best seat in the sky! I took paragliding lessons first over in Millerton, NY, earned my P2 novice rating and then added the motor ,, went to California for 10 days to train... This was my very first flight...
  14. bogydave

bogydave Minister of Fire

Loc:
    So Cent ALASKA