Any thoughts on Lopi Declaration/Avalon Perfect Fit?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Jaque Janaviac

Feeling the Heat
Dec 17, 2009
Ouisconsin
Does anyone own or have experience with a Lopi Declaration or Avalon Perfect Fit?

How does this unit perform? Any quirks that a buyer should be aware of?

Recommendations?

I searched the Hearth Room for threads regarding this unit and found very little. I suppose that's a good thing?

All I can tell you is that Travis Industries (Lopi/Avalon) make a quality product. I own a Lopi Endeavor, and it's a fantastic free standing stove. I cannot, however, offer an comments on their inserts. I can only assume they are the same quality.

I have a Lopi Declaration and love it!

The stove does a good job of heating the main floor of our house, about 1100 square feet. I love the double doors for loading, and I think it looks really nice. The air controls are simple and easy to get the hang of. The bypass damper is well located, and makes cleaning easy. The blower makes noise (like all blowers) but the noise isn't too loud. As a matter of fact, in our house, it has become a reassuring sound when our fireplace gets up to temperature every night (we aren't burning 24/7). We really like the looks of the unit, simple and flush.

I also like how easy it is to access the guts. It is all just behind the face plate. You don't have to remove bricks or disassemble the unit to get to the mechanical components, just take the face off (it literally takes a minute).

When the secondary burns kick in, the flames on the twisting and swirling around the top of the box are mesmerizing!

-Kyle

I purchased the Avalon Perfect fit this year (first time wood burner) and I am very happy.

I live in NE WI...and with a 1850 sq ft two-story home...my furnance will not kick in during the day unless the temp falls below 5 degrees. You will not get a 12 hour burn, not even close, but I can stoke the fire up at 10-11 pm and have hot enought coals in the morning to start a new fire the next morning. I will use about 4 full cords this year (very dry ash or oak).

Glass stays clean and the by-pass damper is a very nice feature

Status
Not open for further replies.