1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Any thoughts to allow posters to edit the title of a thread?

Post in 'New Forum Hints and your Questions & Suggestions!' started by daveswoodhauler, Jan 25, 2013.

1. daveswoodhauler

daveswoodhauler Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Massachusetts
    Had a recent situation where the fine members here helped me work through an issue in the DIY forum. I wanted to update my title to know that my situation had been resolved, so other posters wouldn't waste time reading my post...I thought in the old software we could edit the title? (I know the mods can, but figure they have enough on their hands cleaning up after all our messes, lol)
    Just a thought.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. MasterMech

MasterMech Guest

Would love to see this myself. Great to be able to add to an old(ish) thread for ongoing projects and update the title with an "UPDATE 01/25/13 w/Pics" or similar. Is there a reason to not allow title editing? Didn't seem to be an issue before the changeover.
  3. fossil

fossil Accidental Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Bend, OR
    I'm sure the boss will address this...in the meantime please don't hesitate to message a Mod. Any of us will be happy to edit thread titles for you. Rick
  4. webbie

webbie Seasoned Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    This is not an option in the forum software - although it probably will exist in the next updated version. There may be an add-on which can do it.

In any case, I would still set a time limit on it - because allowing folks to rename the entire long thread a year or two after it was created seems excessive.