any Tips on selecting an wood pellet stove/insert?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan0

Sep 26, 2008
Eastern Canada
Hi,
I've been trying to select a wood pellet stove. There are many different brand names and prices. Except looks and BTU output what should I be comparing or looking for to help me make my choice?

Thanks,

If possible get references from the dealer your shopping with and ask his customers how his service and support are. At that point you can also find out what stove the customer is using and see if it's meeting their expectations.

As long as the dealers service and support are good you should be happy with any purchase you make.

Dan0 said:
Hi,
I've been trying to select a wood pellet stove. There are many different brand names and prices. Except looks and BTU output what should I be comparing or looking for to help me make my choice?

Thanks,

I think the first thing would be to find out what brands/models of stoves are actually available for purchase, THEN do a search of each one on this forum and see what other owners have to say.

IMO, no sense doing a lot of research for a stove you think you really like, only to find out no one has any in stock in your area.

I would agree with macman on this. Your choices will be very limited because of shortages of stoves. If your looking to burn this winter you won't find much to choose from. Your jumping in late in the game. There are so many brands, features, prices, etc. and most of all opinions it's a tough question to answer. All I can tell you is above all, DO YOUR HOMEWORK . and good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.