any Tips on selecting an wood pellet stove/insert?

Dan0 Posted By Dan0, Sep 26, 2008 at 1:14 PM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dan0

Dan0
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Sep 26, 2008
    Loc:
    Eastern Canada
    Hi,
    I've been trying to select a wood pellet stove. There are many different brand names and prices. Except looks and BTU output what should I be comparing or looking for to help me make my choice?

Thanks,

2. rap69ri

rap69ri
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Feb 23, 2008
    Loc:
    Middle of RI
    If possible get references from the dealer your shopping with and ask his customers how his service and support are. At that point you can also find out what stove the customer is using and see if it's meeting their expectations.

As long as the dealers service and support are good you should be happy with any purchase you make.

3. imacman

imacman
    Guest 2.
    NULL

I think the first thing would be to find out what brands/models of stoves are actually available for purchase, THEN do a search of each one on this forum and see what other owners have to say.

IMO, no sense doing a lot of research for a stove you think you really like, only to find out no one has any in stock in your area.

4. bostonbaked

bostonbaked
    Member 2.
    NULL

Jul 27, 2008
    Loc:
    New Hampshire
    I would agree with macman on this. Your choices will be very limited because of shortages of stoves. If your looking to burn this winter you won't find much to choose from. Your jumping in late in the game. There are so many brands, features, prices, etc. and most of all opinions it's a tough question to answer. All I can tell you is above all, DO YOUR HOMEWORK . and good luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.