Anybody experience with this?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jan Pijpelink

Minister of Fire
Jan 2, 2015
South Jersey
Found this the other day. Free wood. Delivered. Anybody have experience with this?

Found this the other day. Free wood. Delivered. Anybody have experience with this?

I have not seen that but might have to give it a try. If it works well, then that is pretty awesome.
I would also be curious if anyone has used it.

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk

That's brilliant! If I see a chipper in the neighbourhood, they usually don't mind dropping of at the house. We've probably had 70-80 yards of chips dropped off in the last two years. The last dump we had was about 40 yards! Unfortunately, they keep most of the firewood for themselves.
P_20190330_161032(1).jpg

That's brilliant! If I see a chipper in the neighbourhood, they usually don't mind dropping of at the house. We've probably had 70-80 yards of chips dropped off in the last two years. The last dump we had was about 40 yards! Unfortunately, they keep most of the firewood for themselves.
View attachment 254468
Here at the East Coast Pine and Poplar are not in demand for firewood. I will take it any day. I think I will sign up later today.

Reactions: AlbergSteve
It does sound like a great option, they need to get rid of the stuff and someone is willing to take it.

I do agree that anyone signing up is taking their chances that the wood may not be ideal. Luckily there is minimal poison ivy up where I live but I see trees down in Southern NH and Mass where the vines are a couple of inches in diameter and encircle the entire tree. Makes me scratch just thinking about having a load dropped off in my yard ;)

Reactions: Jan Pijpelink
It does sound like a great option, they need to get rid of the stuff and someone is willing to take it.

I do agree that anyone signing up is taking their chances that the wood may not be ideal. Luckily there is minimal poison ivy up where I live but I see trees down in Southern NH and Mass where the vines are a couple of inches in diameter and encircle the entire tree. Makes me scratch just thinking about having a load dropped off in my yard ;)
That's why I asked the question.

I have given away about 55 to 60 pickup loads, but it was a cut, load yourself, and haul it in your own truck deal. I had fallen the trees and pulled them out to an easy access area though. I have more than enough wood, so thought why not give some away. Having already been fallen, and skidded over to a good area makes it easy for people who wanted it. There is still probably 20 or more pickup loads there for people to take away next year once the snow has melted.

Reactions: Jan Pijpelink
I have given away about 55 to 60 pickup loads, but it was a cut, load yourself, and haul it in your own truck deal. I had fallen the trees and pulled them out to an easy access area though. I have more than enough wood, so thought why not give some away. Having already been fallen, and skidded over to a good area makes it easy for people who wanted it. There is still probably 20 or more pickup loads there for people to take away next year once the snow has melted.
You are a real champ!