Anybody have a Whitfield 12 - 15 years old?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stmar

Sep 12, 2014
Wyo
I need to know what power cord you have, gage of wire? I think I have my original that came with the stove but it is a lighter gage than the GFCI cord they sent after I installed my Profile-30 about 15 years ago. If you don't have a Whitfield you can tell me the gage of your power cord for reference. Thanks.

Profile 20 has a 18 gauge cord on mine anyway

An old Whitfield, without an igniter, doesn't draw much current, my power cord looks like it has 14 gage wire in it.

Dave

Mine does have an igniter, in fact I have replaced it a couple of times and the last time I went with the super igniter. Wonder if that could be the problem? I have an 18 gage power cord, again I think it was the original but cannot swear to it since it is the same type of power cord that computers use. I cut out the GFCI and spliced the power cord since it is 14 gage and I plugged it into a surge suppressor power strip.

P.S. Found several 14 gage IEC power cords on Amazon, actually reasonable prices and just about any length, so put some on my wish list and will order one the next time I have an Amazon order. I used crimp connectors on my splice so have no worries but for a few bucks may as well have a new one.

Last edited:
It's the same power cord as any desktop PC, my whit only draws 75 watt's running including auger, and i dont have a Igniter

Status
Not open for further replies.