Anybody know the brand or model of this fireplace?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EODguy

Oct 1, 2016
Edgewood, NM
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg I picked this thing up locally on Craigslist but the guy I bought it from had no clue what brand it is. It measures 33" wide, 23" deep and 48.5" tall. The only labeling on it is the Warnock Hersey tag. I greatly appreciate any help. I am needing to locate literature for install and replacement parts but can't do any of that until I figure out what it is!

It's definitely a zero-clearance fireplace. The company name and model should be on the WH tag somewhere. Can to post an in focus shot of the entire tag?

That manual link does not appear to work for me. Be careful if downloading, there are some malware sites that advertise downloadable manuals as a hook to infect your computer. Try a Security dealer.

You've been a wealth of knowledge and I greatly appreciate it. I called Security Chimney in Canada and they were little to no help since this fireplace is no longer made and hasn't been for quite some time. I'm getting mixed answers from folks when I ask about the minimum clearances from walls when installed. The tag says 18" from side walls, 0" from back wall and 25" from mantle. Any chance you could shed some light on this? Several people have said it's alright to butt it up against framing but I don't have anything from the manufacturer to back that up other than the ID tag. Thanks in advance!

The ID tag on the unit trumps everything. Go by the clearances on it.

Security is still in business. I would call their support folks for a clarification on the side clearance. I suspect this is for side walls in front of the fireplace, but you will need to verify that. They have changed hands so they may no longer have that info but hopefully be able to refer you if not. Try to get a manual or buy one.
Customer Service
For general information or service issues, please contact us at 1-800-361-4909 or [email protected].

It's a good fireplace I used one almost 20 years when i replaced it with a Quad 7100. You are going to need 7" security chimney. Not a common size.
Ernie

Thanks again for all of your help. I finally got the manual tracked down and low and behold, this zero clearance fireplace can be installed right against the framing.
Next question, I built a test fire in the fireplace while I still have it out of the wall to make sure it does what it's supposed to do. The problem is that when I shut the two glass doors the fire goes out. I have everything wide open to make sure it's getting plenty of air, I blew it all out with an air compressor to make sure there aren't any obstructions and it still dies out. Do I need to have a flue pipe on it for proper operation? Right now it's just me and the fireplace and nothing coming out of the top except the factory flange

Yes, the chimney is the engine of the stove. It creates the draft that the fireplace needs to pull air through the intakes.

Where did you get the manual? We have another person here with the same fireplace and they need a copy.

It was like pulling teeth but I finally got it from security chimney in Canada. It only took 6 phone calls. They had to send someone "downstairs" to the archives to dig it up. Then had to find an English version (everything was in French) and scan the 25 page document. It's a digital copy so I'll see if I can post it to this thread.

Hey EODguy - any luck getting the manual uploaded? Or, could you email it to me? I have the model 1, which is very similar, but I can't track down a manual.

Thank you!
Qyota

My apologies! I wasn't able to upload it to the forum from my phone. If you send me your email address I will send you the attachment. Happy Thanksgiving

Reactions: qyota
Status
Not open for further replies.