1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

anybody out there have a clutch-side case for a Husky 372xp?

Post in 'The Gear' started by ScotO, Jun 8, 2013.

1. ScotO

ScotO Guest

long story short, my bucking spike holes were stripped out (common problem), I went to rethread them and used the wrong dam drillbit!! I'm pretty much screwed as for the case, as I drilled into the oil tank. I'll just recase it if one of you fine fellows has the part I need........

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. WellSeasoned

WellSeasoned Guest

Good luck with that.
  3. ScotO

ScotO Guest

I found a used set on ebay and some re-pops on there (Chinese junk), I may end up having to buy that chit. We're gonna TRY and TIG weld the holes shut using magnesium filler strips I'm going to cut from a junk case in the barn, and see if we can fix it. If not, I may have to buy a generic case.....or sell it for parts!! I won't cut without bucking spikes.......
  4. lukem

lukem Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Indiana
    Quick and dirty, but why not JB in a screw in the existing hole? Not elegant but will hold the bucking spike and keep the oil tank from leaking with a lot less risk than TIGing a mag case. If that doesn't work then fix it "right".
    ScotO likes this.
  5. ScotO

ScotO Guest

I would HATE to JB that case, but I may take that route.. We'll see. I don't really need that saw right away, but I did just pick up another big scrounge. The job I helped out on a couple weeks ago where the tops of a couple big trees came down in a couples yard. Well, they had a HUGE beech tree that was right against the house (I wasn't touchin' that one) taken down, and called me to take the wood. At least a cord or more of good beech, I'll be getting that next weekend, it's already cut into rounds and I will just split it on site....