anybody out there have a clutch-side case for a Husky 372xp?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

ScotO

long story short, my bucking spike holes were stripped out (common problem), I went to rethread them and used the wrong dam drillbit!! I'm pretty much screwed as for the case, as I drilled into the oil tank. I'll just recase it if one of you fine fellows has the part I need........

I found a used set on ebay and some re-pops on there (Chinese junk), I may end up having to buy that chit. We're gonna TRY and TIG weld the holes shut using magnesium filler strips I'm going to cut from a junk case in the barn, and see if we can fix it. If not, I may have to buy a generic case.....or sell it for parts!! I won't cut without bucking spikes.......

Quick and dirty, but why not JB in a screw in the existing hole? Not elegant but will hold the bucking spike and keep the oil tank from leaking with a lot less risk than TIGing a mag case. If that doesn't work then fix it "right".

Reactions: ScotO
Quick and dirty, but why not JB in a screw in the existing hole? Not elegant but will hold the bucking spike and keep the oil tank from leaking with a lot less risk than TIGing a mag case. If that doesn't work then fix it "right".
I would HATE to JB that case, but I may take that route.. We'll see. I don't really need that saw right away, but I did just pick up another big scrounge. The job I helped out on a couple weeks ago where the tops of a couple big trees came down in a couples yard. Well, they had a HUGE beech tree that was right against the house (I wasn't touchin' that one) taken down, and called me to take the wood. At least a cord or more of good beech, I'll be getting that next weekend, it's already cut into rounds and I will just split it on site....

Status
Not open for further replies.