1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Anyone Burn BioBricks in a Jotul 602?

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by Charles Bourque, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Charles Bourque

Charles Bourque New Member

Biobricks and related pressed sawdust products are widely available in my area. I'm thinking of putting a Jotul 602 in my small house, and wonder if I could burn a combination of biobricks and cord wood that I cut myself. I wonder how the bricks would fit in such a tiny stove, and if you can get several in at a time to extend reload time.

Your thoughts or experiences would be appreciated, as I have never used such a small stove and would like the option of burning bricks in whatever stove I buy.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Doug MacIVER

Doug MacIVER Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    se mass
    canawick bricks in f100 all i'm using now , great burn 10hrs. not recommended by stove makers, bs in my opinion. just watch for hot overheat.
  3. Scols

Scols Member

Loc:
    Springs New York
    Just started burning Enviblocks in my smoke dragon. I only get about 6 hours out of 3 blocks but my stove is pretty drafty. I like them for a evening fire on these warmer days, but I would go broke trying to use them full time at $320 a ton. I think if you filled the stove with them you would definitely overfire.
  4. nola mike

nola mike Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Richmond/Montross, Virginia
    Over been burning a mix of liberty bricks and cordwood in both of my stoves for most of the season. Square shape makes them easy to pack into a small stove. Not great by themselves unless put on a hot coal bed--they tend to smoulder and be touch to catch. They burn hot in the 602, but certainly manageable. I'll probably get another ton next year, even though I should have plenty of cordwood .