Anyone Burning Their Woodstocks Lately?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was borderline too hot last night. My wife reloaded early in the evening Saturday. Still plenty warm at 10 am Sunday.

Couple cold days coming up, looks like I'm back to 24/7 burning. So far this Fall when temps are in the 40-50's the Keystone has been keeping my 1200 sq ft nice and warm with 1 fire in the evening. Once the highs dip into the 30's I go to 2 loads per day, just loaded up after 13 hours this morning. :)

I'm burning half the wood I use to with the basement wood stove but burning more nat gas. Last year the BK Princess had a similar load schedule as my Keystone this time of year but it was heating double the sq ft and also holds double the wood.

I just fired up my Woodstock Classic down in the lower level of our house. It's too warm today to get the big Jotul F600 going upstairs. I haven't burned in the lower level for over a week, so it's only 62 degrees down there and I plan to watch some TV down there later. That Classic has to be one of the easiest stoves to burn. Once I light the kindling and establish a decent burn I just shut the door and come back in about a half hour when the stove top will be up to 300F so I can slide over the cat, which lights off in a few minutes. Then it's smooth sailing for a few hours until it's time to throw a couple more logs on the fire.

Couple cold days coming up, looks like I'm back to 24/7 burning. So far this Fall when temps are in the 40-50's the Keystone has been keeping my 1200 sq ft nice and warm with 1 fire in the evening. Once the highs dip into the 30's I go to 2 loads per day, just loaded up after 13 hours this morning. :)

I'm burning half the wood I use to with the basement wood stove but burning more nat gas. Last year the BK Princess had a similar load schedule as my Keystone this time of year but it was heating double the sq ft and also holds double the wood.
But that Keystone is oh so pretty to look at...............

I just fired up my Woodstock Classic down in the lower level of our house. It's too warm today to get the big Jotul F600 going upstairs. I haven't burned in the lower level for over a week, so it's only 62 degrees down there and I plan to watch some TV down there later. That Classic has to be one of the easiest stoves to burn. Once I light the kindling and establish a decent burn I just shut the door and come back in about a half hour when the stove top will be up to 300F so I can slide over the cat, which lights off in a few minutes. Then it's smooth sailing for a few hours until it's time to throw a couple more logs on the fire.

Always wanted to try out the Classic. You ever lift up the lid and drop some potatoes wrapped in foil in there? I heard its a good way to cook.

No, I never tried the potato cooking thing, but I can believe it would work well with a little experimentation to get the temperature right. When the soapstone top is reading 550 F the baffle plate(or whatever that inside top plate is called where the cat slides over the 6" round hole) is starting to glow red, so I know it would have to be much cooler!

Status
Not open for further replies.