Anyone else have a stove that the door is adjustable?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

PA. Woodsman

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Feb 26, 2007
Emmaus, Pennsylvania
I posted on here awhile ago about the "fun" that I had putting a new door gasket on and adjusting the door on my 1993 Dovre Aurora stove, and it got me wondering if anyone else has a stove that the latch AND the hinge side of the stove are adjustable? Most stoves I saw in the local stove shop when I was buying the gasket were not adjustable, maybe the latch on some but not the hinge on the door and it got me wondering if this is pretty rare? It is both a help AND a nuisance at times, nice that it is adjustable but at times too many variables to it that it makes me half nuts?

Thanks....

Our stove is adjustable on the hinge side. After 11 yrs of service, the weight of the big door is slightly lower on the latch side. I suspect I will be making a minor adjustment in a few years.

Reactions: PA. Woodsman
I posted on here awhile ago about the "fun" that I had putting a new door gasket on and adjusting the door on my 1993 Dovre Aurora stove, and it got me wondering if anyone else has a stove that the latch AND the hinge side of the stove are adjustable? Most stoves I saw in the local stove shop when I was buying the gasket were not adjustable, maybe the latch on some but not the hinge on the door and it got me wondering if this is pretty rare? It is both a help AND a nuisance at times, nice that it is adjustable but at times too many variables to it that it makes me half nuts?

Thanks....
There are a few with adjustable hinges but most have adjustable latches

Our stove is adjustable on the hinge side. After 11 yrs of service, the weight of the big door is slightly lower on the latch side. I suspect I will be making a minor adjustment in a few years.
Did you mean to say a few months instead of years? I'm thinking you meant after this heating season is over but could be wrong.

Did you mean to say a few months instead of years? I'm thinking you meant after this heating season is over but could be wrong.
I am hoping a few years, but we will see. It's just a slight sag. The gasket seal is still good and the door latches fine so I am not rushing it.

Thanks....
Osburn 3300 has adjustable hinges ,maybe some drolet do as well