Anyone ever seen these before

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeypuck

Feeling the Heat
Sep 6, 2009
south central NH
pellets.PNG
At Lowes in Amherst NH.. $4.28 a bag... Did a quick search and nothing. Made by Bay State Pellet Co. Nothing at Woodpellet review either.

No not yet. I'll keep an eye out for them.

I did google Bay State and got the address. May be someone will chime in with some info. Seems to be quite a few new entries this season. A good thing as our options keep growing! ;)

Bay State Pellet Co., LLC
22 Kimball Place
Fitchburg, MA 01420
United States
Founded in 2011
603-623-0007

Never heard of a plant in Fitchburg.. wonder if NEWP sold a plant to someone there. Used to be some furniture companies in the orange area... but mostly plastic companies operating in that area. Wonder if it is a rename or something more organic.

Burned this bag and the good news is no creosote build up to speak of.. glass is clean. Seems like a pellet made from both hard and soft wood. Not a lot of heat out put. Small pellet length, but I think this is due to the fact that they fall apart easy. Meh would be my response.

Remember Creative Biomass? That was in Fitchburg.

yea know , on the rare occasion someone mentions Hearthsides , someone comes up with another co that has a bad rep from Fitchburg Ma . these pellets need to be judged not on old rumors , but on their own merit .

they are great pellets and til they get tagged as "premium " a great bargain .

my advise to anyone that see's them . grab a few bags and judge for yourself :)

cheers Woody

I think most will judge on the quality. I'm willing to give them a shot if I see them around. And with the members saying good things, definetly has added merit to them.

I think the factory is in the old UCF building on River St....kinda near Dairy Queen.

Just used the last bag - bought 10 from Lowes in Plainville, MA. I needed some pellets until I could get my usual pellets delivered. A few things I found, heat out put is not great compared to Energex or Green Team, lots of soot, the pellets hang up in the hopper (I have a Harman Accentra insert). lots of dust (at least a two cup bowl) in all the bags.

Status
Not open for further replies.