Anyone got specs on that new hybrid woodstock?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokeyCity

Feeling the Heat
Mar 6, 2011
Western Pa
I found their blog and read all the posts.
Looks like the design is done its now a matter of aesthetics and mechanics.

That should have some specs by now. I sent them email asking for specs but Im not assuming they will be motivated to answer every email asking the same questions over and over - so if anyone has info - please post.

I have been in contact with Woodstock. No specs yet. They are aiming for a mid - late June production date. Also, they are trying to get one control to manage both the primary and secondary air.

I stopped in yesterday as I was in the area.
They are finishing up with completing the stove and will be sending a prototype out for testing.
No specs yet , no price ?
They have a wooden model in the showroom. It is significantly larger than the fireview, not as fancy.

I was considering a large stove in the basement but decided against that.

I have been holding off on the fireview to see where the new stove lands with pricing. Current sale ends before new stove is launched.
Hope I don't wait too long and miss out on the fireview if I decide that is the stove for me.
I have 1900 square ft of cape style house that is well insulated. I used about 2 cords of wood in a Nashua wood stove and about 300 gallons of fuel to get through this past winter.
I think the fireview is large enough
Anyone have any opinions.

Thanks Steamer

Just got this email from the company:

Thank you for your interest in the New Stove we are developing.

While we still don’t have hard numbers on the information you are looking for, I can tell you we expect the BTU max to be roughly in the 70-75,000 range, the capacity of the firebox to be as close to 3.0 cubic feet as possible, and the projected emissions to be lower than the 1.3 grams/hr of the Fireview. We don’t want to simply throw out numbers that have a likelihood of changing, and even the ones I just gave you are educated approximates.

While the time consuming process of working out the internal components has been underway, simultaneously the designers have been working on the outer aesthetics of the stove, which is what our most recent blog posts have been.
A quick update: We are looking to get a one-up run of the internal cast parts within the next few weeks. Once we have the internal parts in house we can build the interior and start the testing process. At this stage we will start getting numbers on the low/high BTU output, etc.

The projected date of completion is early to mid summer, so there should be no issue with the new stove availability this Fall. Please note however, we are a factory direct company, we do not use a dealer network. All of our stoves are built & sold right out of our West Lebanon, NH factory.

Thanks again for your interest and we will be able to provide additional information soon.

Sincerely,

Lorin Day
Customer Service Manager
Woodstock Soapstone Co.
[email protected]
1-800-866-4344

It runs on wood or batteries...

I would assume that like the rest of their stoves it has no blower option, is that correct?

velvetfoot said:
What makes it a hybrid?

It uses both secondary burn tubes & a catalytic converter

duplicate post

I didn't see anything about a blower in any of the docs.

I hope it does have one. With extended burn times and high output Id want to distribute that heat with more than just radiant.

certified106 said:
I would assume that like the rest of their stoves it has no blower option, is that correct?

Certified, you are correct.

I keep in touch with Woodstock quite regular so hopefully I'll know when they have the final product. Getting the cast has been a long process. I don't think it takes too long for the EPA testing but it has to go out of state for that which means shipping. Getting everything together is a big challenge but I'm sure Woodstock is up to the challenge as well as any company can be.

So if I get any hot information I will post about it. The only hot info I've received lately is....the stoves are still needed even if it is supposed to be mid Spring.

Sounds like its gonna be about 33% larger than the Fireview. The Fireview firebox is 2.2 cf. Increase it by 33% to get 2.92 cf, assuming they don't quite hit 3.0. In BTU's, a 33% increase from the Fireview's Output is 55 K + 33% = 73 K BTU, which is right about where they think the new stove will be.

Every time I write this stove OFF and say I'm not interested, I read some chatter and get all excited again.

Wonder what it will weigh? I'm guessing a little over 600 lbs, won't be much fun movin that big pig.

I would be happy to move that big pig! Nothing like the excitement of trying out a new Wood burning toy!

Backwoods Savage said:
The only hot info I've received lately is....the stoves are still needed even if it is supposed to be mid Spring.

Had a fire up north here last night, feeling a little grumbly about still needing one. Sounds like there's a lot of that going around.

Snowleopard, you might be burning wood all summer. One fellow told me the worst winter he ever spent was one summer in Alaska.

Status
Not open for further replies.