1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Anyone have a PelPro Pellet Stove?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by mike5752, Mar 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike5752

mike5752 New Member

Loc:
    Somerset, Ky
    Need some input from PelPro users. Trying to work out a deal to buy some PelPro units for resale. Have been selling the Englanders this season and want to pickup another brand. My goal is to stay on the low in price units without giving up quality. In my opinion englander is very good quality without the flashy look that drives up the price. My only problem with the engander is not having full control over the combustion air via a manual damper. PelPro has this and seems to be of good quality. Just looking for some first hand opinions from PelPro users.

Thanks
    Mike

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. AndyL

AndyL New Member

Loc:
    Norfolk co. Ma.
    Hi, I have three Pelpro stoves in the family. The stoves are going on 4 years old and I have not had any major issues with
    the stoves that have been the fault of the mfg. The only issues have been, 1 burned out igniter, after 3.5 years and 1 warped fire grate
    after 4 years of running at high output settings. All three of the stoves burn between 3 and four tons a year.
    What I do like is the ability to dial in the feed rates and the combustion air setting on the control panel , however I just learned that the
    newer stoves have had the dash-pot that adjusts combustion air disable. I thought this was a great feature, can't understand why they would
    disable it. The manual damper is also handy and if you have any vertical rise in the flue, You are going to need to use it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.