Anyone have a PelPro Pellet Stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mike5752

Dec 15, 2007
Somerset, Ky
Need some input from PelPro users. Trying to work out a deal to buy some PelPro units for resale. Have been selling the Englanders this season and want to pickup another brand. My goal is to stay on the low in price units without giving up quality. In my opinion englander is very good quality without the flashy look that drives up the price. My only problem with the engander is not having full control over the combustion air via a manual damper. PelPro has this and seems to be of good quality. Just looking for some first hand opinions from PelPro users.

Thanks
Mike

Hi, I have three Pelpro stoves in the family. The stoves are going on 4 years old and I have not had any major issues with
the stoves that have been the fault of the mfg. The only issues have been, 1 burned out igniter, after 3.5 years and 1 warped fire grate
after 4 years of running at high output settings. All three of the stoves burn between 3 and four tons a year.
What I do like is the ability to dial in the feed rates and the combustion air setting on the control panel , however I just learned that the
newer stoves have had the dash-pot that adjusts combustion air disable. I thought this was a great feature, can't understand why they would
disable it. The manual damper is also handy and if you have any vertical rise in the flue, You are going to need to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.